Thursday, December 29, 2011

The 'Talk'

I think today is the day, the day I talk to my moms about my birth parents (bp).

Its not that Im not allowed to but I dont want to hurt my moms feelings by doing so.

Maybe they dont think I love them when they ask that. Thats not true I love them and I couldnt imagine life without Sofia and Harumi. They showed me what real pure love is and I just love them which is why I never ask questions about my bp.

Another bump is maybe my moms dont want me finding out too much about her and running away to Hawaii to live with my birth mom and dad. But I would never do that. Ill miss my moms way too much.

I will love to see them one day, but not until Im ready and maybe just maybe Im not....

2 comments:

  1. I think if you just let them know you are curious about your heritage and birth parents your moms would be ok with it. I could see where they might be a little nervous about you maybe wanting to leave, just tell them for sure that you love them and just want to know more ..

    Keep us posted,
    Taryn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ushio, this is Summer.

    Good luck finding out about your biological parents, if you decide to. A few months ago I decided to find out information about mine (I'm adopted too) and although I'm too young to be given their names because of the laws of the province I was born in, it was really good to find out a little something about them.

    I would encourage you to find out more too if you feel the need to, like I did... and I think your moms will understand. It's not about them, or about wanting different parents. It's about wanting to know about yourself from the first chapter of your life, and it doesn't mean you love your adoptive parents any less.

    Love,
    Summer

    ReplyDelete