Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Thinking of Thanksgiving and all the yummy dishes Im thankful for.

Tommorow all my friends and thier familes will come over to our place for dinner.

After all it is our year to host the dinner. Every year for as long as I can remember one of our familes host Thanksgiving dinner at their house.

Last year we had dinner at The Bhandari's house. Boy, Mrs B sure can cook. We had traditional turkey and some of the side dishes were food from India where Zinnia's parents are from. My favorite of the dishes was Chooze Aur Chauli Ka Milap (thanks for the spelling help Zinny), it was really good. It was chicken and beens but it had really spicy spices (I love spice) and I love chicken. They also had this yummy dessert called Kheer, its a type of rice pudding.

Year before last we went to The Valentine's household. Anais' mom is french and her dad is cuban. So had a bit of both cultures. From france we had Civet de Cerf, its deer meat also known as Venison. It was really good and tastes way better than beef. A cuban dish we had was Boniatillo which is a Sweet Potato Pudding. It was so good, I beg m.o.m. to make it all the time.

This year its our turn and I know we will have great food. My mom is japanese and my other mom is cuban. So the food will be amazing. What are we cooking? Its a surprise. Tune in tommorow to find out.

Turkey day is tommorow!
Gobble Gobble Buddies.

No comments:

Post a Comment